Want to join the team, and pursue a career with Trucare? You can view our current job listings below.
Community Mental Health Worker
3 roles available throughout Melbourne
This is an outreach role which is designed to support participants to improve their social and community participation skills according to their goals that are outlined in their NDIS plan. Also required to support and encourage participants for community access and assist developing their independence within the community.
$27-$35 per hour
This position is for an Outreach Mental Health Support worker at Trucare Pty Ltd, a growing NDIS service provider. We are seeking dedicated, passionate and highly reliable individuals to be part of our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for helping individuals living with a variety of mental illnesses, to participate and engage in social and community activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide support to participants in line with Trucare’s values and beliefs.
- Offer support to participants and assist them to participate in all lifestyle activities of their choice and meet daily living needs as well as to attain better social participation in their community.
- Positively engage, interact and work with people who have complex needs
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of mental health and the issues that are faced
- Ability to apply sensitivity, empathy, cultural awareness and an open-minded approach to personal matters
- Support and assist participants to achieve their goals and needs in relation to the approved NDIS plan.
- Provide weekday and weekend support as required by participants.
Qualifications and Skills:
To be eligible for this position, you must
- Minimum Level 4 in MH/ AOD (Students are also welcome to apply)
- Have a full Victorian driver’s license.
- Current Working with children check.
- Current valid first-aid certificate.
- Police clearance certificate (PCC).
- Own your own roadworthy car and have insurance.
- An understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- An ability to organise your own timetable/roster.
- An ability to write case notes and do this articulately, clearly and concise.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Hours of work: 8.00am – 6.00pm
- Certificate I – IV (Required)
- The candidate can work permanently with no restriction on hours
Penalty rates apply on weekends and public holidays
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your answers to the following questions:
- How many years of Mental Health Support experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?